Thursday, January 27, 2011

Still more Out of Context Theatre.



I've once again been spying on my colleagues and am ready, willing, and able to spill the goods.

You may wonder how it is that I overhear so much? Well, the truth is, I spend much of my free time stalking each member of our cast and crew, shadowing them like a stealthy jungle cat, lurking in the dark.

That's right everybody, you know when you're walking home alone at night, and you think you hear something behind you but you ignore it? Well that's not the wind; it's me!

I want to take this opportunity to assure each of you that you're not safe anywhere. You can neither run or hide. I am everywhere and nowhere at once, like the chupacabra. With a word processor.

***

"The jokes are going to fall on deaf ears. And I mean that literally, we're only going to invite deaf people."

"So, what if Dan is a detective who is also an environmental Nazi?"

"I was doing a combination of Daniel Plainview, Ernest Hemingway, and an aged IRA terrorist, all in one."

"I don't think we can have Sam struck my lighting live."

"Those guys are basically whores, they'll promote anybody."
"So you're saying we got turned down by whores?"

"Camera two is out of tape, do not go to camera two!"
"Um, camera two, take a bourbon, you're done for the day."

"I like the idea of Natalie Portman being some feral creature who lives under my window."

"Well, it's not like we need audio for the musical act, right?"
"Just like we don't need video for puppet show."

"I'd have this episode done already if it weren't for Windows."

"We need to come up with something at the end that lets her leave her mark on the audience."
"I could flash you on the way out?"
"Yes, okay, let's rehearse that a couple times right now."

***

Anyone keeping track (which should be ALL of you!) will want to know that our next episode is going to shoot LIVE, MARCH 12th, AT THE BOXCAR THEATER STUDIOS IN SAN FRANCISCO!

Why no show in February? Well, we have something special planned for February...

No comments:

Post a Comment